Friday, September 11, 2009

The Race Is On

I have heard back about my 'job' and training is just over the horizon! This means more than I can say ( it has been a lot of time, effort and money going into getting this job) now that it is finally here! So what does this have to do with my running? Aside from making sure I have the time booked off...this means THE RACE IS ON! I was feeling very unmotivated and unsure about my running and training because I assumed that I very well might not be able to do the half-marathon...so why bother? Don't worry...I didn't entertain this thought for long, but it has made me so happy to not have to even contemplate quiting/continuing because I lacked a good job.

Aside from that riveting and exciting news ( you can role your eyes ;) ) I have my regular 4k run to do in the morning, as the bf has his last slo-pitch tournament of the year so I have to get my run in early. My girlfriend is back in town for the weekend, so perhaps I will get to do my second 10k run with her on Sunday sometime. I admit that I am actually anticipating the long run on Sunday because it will be my second time around and I hope to make it in better time. Ok...and not have to find the toilet every twenty minutes!! Seriously...how do people properly hydrate themselves before a long run and then NOT have to "go" ?? My bf never has to...I almost hate him for it :p . I may never be able to run without using the bathroom, but I sure wish it were possible. Increasing my time or accurately timing my runs may not be possible with regular bathroom breaks. I'll never know how far I can actually GO without a rest break of some kind.
I realize, of course, that this whole project was not about being a sprinter or making out with the best time. I am not fit enough yet to be fast. I drill that into my head as often as this thought occurs, but it's difficult to not be hyper-sensitive about how slow I really am. (mental slap) I'll get over it :p.
---on another side note, my foot is feeling better after a few days of rest so I have no hesitation for my runs this weekend ---

No comments:

Post a Comment